20090325

Friday February 16, 1973

Susan woke me at 7.45. I had a boiled egg and ran down the lane. The snow has now turned into an icy sheet & it refuses to be melted by the bright sunshine. On arriving at school I sat with Christine until 9.30. It was a boring morning. Economics dragged on until 11.45. Ayling really gets up my nose at times. At 12.25 Dave, Christine and myself went down to the chippie. She certainly enjoys seeing us walk through the door. We spent £1.35! I carried all the fish and chips back to school in a cardboard box.
Luncheon was ruined by Mr P.G. Groves, who handed out reports at 2. Mine had very disappointing results, but not one single teacher could say that I hadn't tried my best at all times, which cannot be bad. The 1st lesson after lunch was spent with June who thought I was depressed about my report when in fact I was miserable at the thought of Double Biology without her. Biology passed fairly quickly. I sat with Louise. Came back to the 6th form block at 4pm. June, Linda, Cowie, Janet and myself had a couple of rounds of 'cheat' in the study area - I lost both times. We all went down for the buses at 4.35. Linda was in a very jovial mood. J and I always hate parting on a Friday knowing we have to wait until Sunday to meet again.
Arrived home at 5.15. Mum told me that they were going to Pudsey on Sunday for tea. I would have gone willingly, but my love life is more important. I would not survive without my regular rendezvous with June at the Emmotts.
The Chuck Wagon was dead until 10 o'clock. Why do they always want to go out an eat at such a late hour? Inconsiderate of them. Home at 12.30.
John opened a bank account at the Yorkshire Bank today. He deposited £30. He also has about £46 worth of premium bonds. Mum has £44 of premium bonds. We are becoming a family of fortune and property!
The Prince of Wales is now on his way to the Med. where he will be stationed with his ship until September. The Queen seems to be relieving him of many royal duties, which fall to Princess Anne instead. But he will have the full burden in the years to come, and it is only right for him to have a good time while he is young and unattached. The subject of the prince's romantic life has certainly puzzled the Press. He has been linked with many female names, such as Georgiana Russell, Angela Nevill, etc, etc. But old Charles has admitted that he intends to marry someone with a royal background and who "already knows the ropes". I have had my eye on Princess Caroline of Monaco, who is 16, and is certainly a good prospect for the title Princess of Wales. Within 5 years she could make a very attractive bride. In 1978 the Prince of Wales will be 30. An ideal age for a royal groom. Grace Kelly should certainly have something to be pleased about.
On the subject of royals I have recently discovered a remarkable coincidence. The Duchess of Gloucester is descended from King Charles I, whilst her niece-in-law is descended from his arch-enemy Oliver Cromwell. Guess who? Yes, our very own Duchess of Kent. How can these two regal ladies keep their hands from each others throats?

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday April 1, 1984

 4th Sunday in Lent Mothering Sunday New Moon Sunny, bright, &c. Smothering Sunday. All Fool's Day. Busy. Rob came and so too did th...