20090310

Friday January 12, 1973

Mum sent off the deposits for the holiday this evening. I spoke to Denise and David whilst Mum was carrying out this historical spectacle at the Post Office. School was a big laugh. A Professor Corbett came to give us a lecture on humanities. It was the most boring one and a half hours I have ever experienced at school. Cowie (Graham Cowburn), Andy (Graham), and myself were sitting behind Pee-Wee, Dave and Dale (Elkington) - tormenting them by kicking the bottom of their chairs - causing them to bounce through the lecture. 

It happened at last. Chris fancies Fat Louise. I can't see why. However, she's the most nympomaniacal woman in Bramhope. They are off to the Emmott's tonight - and a damned bloody soddin' nice evening they'll have whilst I slog my guts out down at the Chuck Wagon. 

Went to the denist at 4.15 - 15 minutes late. The receptionist was bloody wild with rage, but all the same I received a filling in one of my upper teeth. The numbness from the injection in my face was still evident at 9pm. My next appointment is May 4. And that isn't too far away for my liking. Went down to the Chuck Wagon at 7.30. Busy all evening. Told Toffer I was having next Friday off to go to Tim Wallis and Liz Richardson's engagement party. I can't wait for it. However, Tim and Liz aren't the type to spend the next 50-odd years together so I don't know why they're bothering getting engaged because I'd eat my hat if they got married. It's now 1.15 am. Retiring to bed after a hot beverage, i.e. coffee...

 --

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 2, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 Mum. To try and keep a journal, run and pub and a baby is asking the impossible. Gone is that old wit and sparkle b...