20090326

Monday February 26, 1973

Awoke at 8. Mum wanted me to find out about trains to Darlington for Friday and was delayed in going to school until 9. Mr Rawnsley gave me a lift to Benton Park. It can't be bad having the Town Clerk of Aireborough Council as a chauffeur! Sat reading the Daily Mail in the common-room. When Princess Anne flew back from her first official visit alone yesterday she went straight to the home of Mark Phillips in Wiltshire. She didn't even go see Mummy and Daddy first. How can the palace spokesman continue to deny reports of a romance? In my opinion, the couple will be engaged before the autumn. They must be in love.

June arrived at school late as usual wearing her pretty red mini-jumper. It always makes her look highly sexy. Generally, the day was really boring. Chris and Louise are ignoring each other. Janet Roots was being bitchy. June did manage to help me with an Economics essay. She even managed to re-phrase some of the sentences in the text-book. You must be sick to death of hearing about June, after all, all diaries have feelings don't they?

Came home at 5 after standing holding hands with June at my bus stop for 30 minutes. Lower sixth lads passing by eyeing her enviously. Thousands are waiting for the chance to sink into June's arms.

JUNE MARGARET BOTTOMLEY SWOON SWOON

For some unknown reason I had to write this. I do suppose that in 20 years time I will accidentally find this diary at the bottom of some old chest and say: "what a perfect fool I must have been." However, I must not look at things from that point of view or I suppose I will never do anything out of the ordinary again. Growing old a great, massive "square".

Dear diary, do forgive me - but I am in love.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 2, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 Mum. To try and keep a journal, run and pub and a baby is asking the impossible. Gone is that old wit and sparkle b...