20090324

Monday February 5, 1973

Arose at 7.30. Went on the 8.30 bus. June and Linda came at 9.30 and Cowie, looking very tired, came at 9.50. Evidently, he didn't arrive home until 1.30am. Last nights events have triggered a romance between Cowie and Lynda, and she has now cast off her crush on Andy Graham. Chris wants me to go with him and Louise to Leeds this afternoon, but I'd feel like a goosberry, or whatever fruit it is. June wants me to go with her but she is meeting her sister who is in her late twenties, and they'll be on a wild goose-chase around the female boutiques. June, Benita and Lynda are doing the servery this week, and I sat with them throughout break - Dave thinks I'm being anti-social avoiding him. Saw Denise and MM at lunchtime. Dave Chris, Louise and Christine all tramped up to the library. Janet Roots, trying to chat me up, got under my feet. June, Lynda and Cowie all went to Leeds at 2.30. For me a boring and wasteful afternoon.
My evening was spent playing records. "Saturday Night at the Movies" reminds me of Mrs Cuthbert's biology classes last March when June, Johnny and I, plus David Stuttard all messed about together. Talking about Dave Stuttard - and who isn't these days? - I saw him in the tap room at the Emmotts last Thursday. He waved through the hatch to me in the lounge where I am always situated.
June and I fancy going out on Thursday but I will first have to throw myself upon the mercy of Mum and John to give me a substantial loan until Saturday night. I did this last week and can see no reason why I can't do it again. Had a bath. Had supper. Came to bed at 10.30.


--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday May 6, 1984

 2nd Sunday after Easter Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 Dismal. The little warm spell has passed by.That's summer over and done with. Down to t...