20090323

Monday January 29, 1973

Got up at 7.30am. I had breakfast and left for school on the 8.30 no. 55 bus. Arrived school at 8.55am. I attempted to revise until 9.20 without success. Andy Flesher made things extremely difficult. The History exam. began at 9.30. It was terrible. Mrs Lane will kill me on Tuesday. The exam. finished at 12.30.

In the afternoon I began my "Fog Theory" Volune II. Everyone thinks it's a great success.

June didn't go to work on Saturday and mentioned that she might be going to the Woolpack tonight, but when I said I was going to the Emmotts both she and Lynda West soon changed their minds. I walked with June and L. West to the bus stop at 4.30, and planned vaguely to meet at the Emmotts at 8.30. I was no sooner home then once again out again making my way back down the hill for the bus stop. I arrived at the Motts at 8.20. June was not there. I hung around in the cold until 8.40. Decided to ring Chris from inside the Motts to say I had been jilted. Inside the pub I stuck my head into the lounge to find June, Lynda, Janet R, all chatting with an old age pensioner. June's face didn't half light up on seeing me. I felt brilliant.

Linda bought me a drink and we all sat talking with old Ivy Fitton - a grand old girl - with a great sense of humour. At 9.30 Peter Hurst came in. He must have heard J and I discussing where we were going tonight. He didn't say a word. He sat at our table just staring at us. What could we do? He even came and stood with June and I at the bus stop. My heart sank when June's bus came. We did manage to do a quick waltz outside the Emmotts. How romantic can you get? Skinhead came past at 11.10pm and he gave me a lift to Guiseley.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday April 12, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn I played Hercules Poirot tonight and stood at the bar in the tap room mixing with the Hunslet folk and observing the staff. T...