20090330

Monday March 12, 1973

In remarkable contrast to yesterday the weather today is terribly dull, overcast and thoroughly miserable. Got up at 8. I partook in one glass of ice-cold orange juice before chasing off down the lane and getting the 8.30 55 bus to school. Passed a thoroughly boring morning. Chris, Dave and Louise are all away! Surely this is more than a coincidence? Well, I'll fins out tonight, or at least tomorrow morning.

I made some attempt to revise Russia 1890-1917, but due to several very gorgeous distractions I had no chance to do any work. Yes, June was free for several lessons and all I could do was look at her. Poor June has lost her GCE English file. Old Mrs Telford was quite narked! Groves humiliated June in front of the entire 6th form by asking her when she had last seen it. She claims it was 2 months ago....

(Dear Diary)... I am so sorry for the break in my cronological flow of daily events, but the plain and simple fact is that I have been extremely busy over these past few days, and I have no time to fill you in. It is now Thursday March 15 1973 and to be quite honest I cannot remember in detail what actually occurred on Monday March 12. Anyway, it can't have been much because I would have remembered anything significant. By the by, it is 6 weeks to the day since June and I first went to the Emmotts. Grief, it seems longer than that. Anyway, that's all for now. Sorry if you are upset about the dreadful break. Yours, etc MLR.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Poor Diana Dors has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Aged 52, she has suffered from cancer. We laz...