20090328

Monday March 5, 1973

Awoke at 7.35 - my throat was inflamed and feeling very dry. Made a little breakfast and went on the 8.30 bus to Benton Park. In general, the day was far from satisfactory. June was much too apologetic about bringing her sister along yesterday. Why does she apologise for something which is not at all wrong? After this and all day long she had the idea that I was trying to finish with her! How totally senseless. I cannot imagine why she thought this. God! I hope we are not cooling off! I could not last without her affection!

At lunchtime June and I went down to Hinchcliffe's for a couple of rum truffles and just to be contradictory I made her go without her coat. We walked slowly back to school hand-in-hand. Martin V-B made some snide remark about it but we ignored him.

The afternoon was really a shocking bore. I think that June and I see too much of each other. The thought of me saying that a month ago would have been unthinkable. But quite seriously it can get a bit monotonous being with one another every bit of the day. However, at the bus stop we made up entirely, buying our usual cream eggs. June helped me pick a birthday card for Lynn, who is 15 tomorrow. We waved goodbye until she disappeared from view.

On the news I see the terrible news that a plane with 45 Britons on board coming from Majorca crashed in France killing them all. Linda W was coming home from Majorca either today or tomorrow! I was most worried. June and Cowie will be having eggs tonight.

Went to bed early feeling tired. Tomorrow is Budget Day. I wonder what the Chancellor will do? He had better do something for the pensioners because they are poorly underpaid at the moment. We're watching the budget with Mr Ayling. Lynn is also 15 and the celebrations will begin at tea time.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday April 12, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn I played Hercules Poirot tonight and stood at the bar in the tap room mixing with the Hunslet folk and observing the staff. T...