20090323

Saturday January 27, 1973

1.30pm: Janet rang. Evidently June has not been to work today and she hasn't been able to ask June to meet me at the Emmott Arms on Sunday night. She doesn't even know June's address. However, It's dawned on me that Janet fancies me and she could easily be keeping the proposal from June. This means I'll not see June until Monday morning - the day of the three hour mock History exam.

I got up at 8.50 but decided I needed more sleep - going back to bed until 11am. After breakfast I revised until 1. I then had lunch. The phone kept ringing throughout the morning and my heart leapt when I heard Janet's voice. Somehow I disbelieve her report. Went wearily upstairs at 2pm. Revising until tea time. When I think about it - June may be too shy to go out with me, and so not to hurt my feelings she has told Janet to tell me she hasn;t been to the bakery. If so, it's more harmful keeping it from me. Leading me "up the garden path" as it were.

Watched televsision. I only revised the Crimean War until 3pm. After tea I got a lift from Dad to the Chuck Wagon. It was the second busiest night they have ever known. You could certainly tell by the amount of washing-up. Sue and Toffer changed clothes and went to Wikkis at 12.45 taking Pauline and myself home first. Pauline has a touch of 'flu and was not talking at her usual speed tonight. Worthington has made fantastic progress since last week. Unfortunately, he has lost his baby-face appearance.

Worried all night about June. She's the only girl I have seriously fancied for any length of time. I am still going to the Emmott Arms tomorrow. There is a chance that Janet will have found June and passed on my message. Anyway, Dave, Andrew Graham and Dale may be up there. It will help me take my mind off the exams.

It was Sue Crosby's birthday party tonight. Chris and Louise were going. In fact all the 6th form are going.


--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Poor Diana Dors has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Aged 52, she has suffered from cancer. We laz...