20090324

Sunday February 4, 1973

A lazy morning in bed until 12. Had a bath at 2 after helping Mum clear my bedroom which looked in her words "like a pig sty". Watched the telly after lunch then went into the dining room to listen to 'Pick of the Pops' on the radio. Mum and Dad went over to Pudsey to see Auntie Hilda and Uncle Tony at 7.30, and they gave me a lift to Rawdon traffic lights. I had a brisk walk up to the Emmotts arriving at the same time as Dave (Lawson) , who had a half pint of lager whilst I had a Rye and dry ginger. Chris and Louise arrived ten minutes later. After several minutes I went off to see Ivy who was most pleased to see me, and was anxious to know if June and Lynda were coming. June, Janet Roots, Linda, & Cowie arrived at 8.45. We all sat drinking for 2 hours. June and I were sitting together, but Janet messed things up by sitting next to Cowie, but he fancies Linda. At 10.45 we decided that if we all walked down to the main road we could catch a bus at 11.10. It was too romantic for words. June, me, Cowie and Lynda sat on a bench at the bottom of the road like love birds in a row. But Cowie was too drunk to be romantic with L - he kept walking out into the road, ignoring Lynda's screams. She thought he might be struck by a car. At 11.25 we realised no buses would come so we thumbed a lift for the girls who were soon hopping into a car heading towards Horsforth. Cowie and I began walking towards Guiseley. We eventually got a lift. Three cars stopped at once! Talk about choice! The bloke dropped me off at White Cross and took Cowie on to Ilkley - he lives just 2 miles further at Addingham.
After a brisk walk up Thorpe Lane I arrived home at 11.55. Mum and Dad were still at Pudsey. I had some supper and went to bed at 12.55.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 2, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 Mum. To try and keep a journal, run and pub and a baby is asking the impossible. Gone is that old wit and sparkle b...