20090331

Thursday March 15, 1973

Six long, beautiful, halcyon weeks together! Got up at 7.30. Had a small breakfast and left for the bus with Mum and the girls who are going to the dentist in Rawdon. Got to school about 8.50. Sat watching Christine B finish an essay on Bernard Shaw's St Joan . Mrs Lane was interogating Sheila for the first lesson, leaving the remainder of us in the Library revising Chartism. After break she started on me and what a shock I received! She actually liked my Russian essay, saying that out of the lot I had improved my standard of work more than the others. She says I'm past "O" level, but touch and go when it comes to "A" level standard. I left the room feeling quite content with myself.

At lunchtime June and I took about 13 orders for lunch to Hinchcliffe's. We were shopping until 1pm. Never again!

Groves said today that Mr Elliott had seen him about his visit to the 6th form on Tuesday afternoon. Evidently, the Fuhrer was disturbed about the size of the crowd sitting about in the common-room doing nothing. The study areas were all full, with Dave, Christine B and I. Thankfully, no mention was made of David's cigar.

The afternoon was supremely boring and Christine, Louise and I simply sat about in answer to Mr Elliott. Surprised to see Louise in conversation with Chris, who seemed so happy with her - just like the old days!

At 4 June did not fancy a cream egg which I said was symbolic of our relationship. She ate an apple instead, whilst I devoured an egg on my own. My bus came at 4.45 and June and I promised to have a cheap evening staying at home instead of making our regular voyage to the Emmotts - June is so considerate about money and understood my point of view of being short of cash due to ther fact that I owe Ayling £1.60 for several Economic text books - Ugh!

Came home and had dinner. Sat watching the TV until 10.30. Such a boring evening.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday April 1, 1984

 4th Sunday in Lent Mothering Sunday New Moon Sunny, bright, &c. Smothering Sunday. All Fool's Day. Busy. Rob came and so too did th...