20090308

Tuesday January 2, 1973

I awoke at 12 lunchtime. It's Mum and Dad's birthday today. They're 38 and 39 respectively. We haven't bought them a present yet. Lynn is hiding the money somewhere - and besides - it's half day closing down in Guiseley. In the afternoon I went to Bradford Library and took out a book on the Spanish Civil War 1936-39. Arrived home on the 6 o'clock bus. Rushed up the lane to find the family sitting around in their splendour waiting to go for tea to Harry Ramsden's. I've lived on Harry's doorstep for 5 years and this is my first visit. Dad says people come from Australia simply to eat "one of each" and a carton of mushy peas. It's hardly worth the journey I can assure you. In the evening (7.45-10.45) I did my history essay entitled: "Why did Germany and Italy involve themselves in the Spanish Civil War and what were the consequences of this war". Mum and Dad went up to the Albert at Yeadon for a drink - coming home at 10.45. I had supper and retired to bed at midnight. Back to school tomorrow - History, economics and current affairs all in quick succession - yuk. Mum and Dad are playing romantic love songs downstairs. They've had a happy birthday.
--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday April 12, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn I played Hercules Poirot tonight and stood at the bar in the tap room mixing with the Hunslet folk and observing the staff. T...