20090323

Tuesday January 30, 1973

Charles 1 was murdered by Parliament on this day in 1649. I did not get up until 8.30 this morning. Susan was crouched on her bedroom floor putting her face on. She said that Mum had been trying to get me out of bed since 8. I had a bit of breakfast and caught the 9.30 bus to school. June looked radiant as usual. However_______disturbs me very much. He stares at June and follows her wherever she goes. I was dreading seeing Mrs Lane. What will she say about my exam? However, Mr Ayling saw me coming into school and he just happened to mention that Mrs Lane was absent. I was most relieved. I could have kicked myself, because I came out without a penny on me. I thought I was starving to death by the time lunchtime came around. Luckily, Chris offered me a third of a can of soup. Louise warmed it for us. He certainly has her trained. Christine B said it looked like "witches piss and bile juice".
Dad and Lynn went to the dentist at Rawdon at 4.15. I went down with June and Lynda to the bus stop at 4.30 but they had already left the dentist and gone home. Denise and Louise were at the bus stop and so I waited with them until 4.50.
I watched a very disturbing documentary on the telly last night concerning the Bentley/Craig murder of Nov. 1952. Bentley was hanged for simply being with Craig. Craig himself was only 16 - too young to be hanged - but it was he who had pulled the trigger. Hanging is so pagan. Why can't they be injected with a drug, or whatever. Lessons start on Wednesday afternoon. I'll go to Economics at 11.45.
I came up to bed at 11.30. Chris suggested that he and Louise and me and June go out on Sunday.


--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday April 1, 1984

 4th Sunday in Lent Mothering Sunday New Moon Sunny, bright, &c. Smothering Sunday. All Fool's Day. Busy. Rob came and so too did th...