20090326

Wednesday February 28, 1973

Got up at 7.30 and went to school at 8.30. Mr Rawnsley saw me down the lane and gave me a lift to Rawdon. On arriving at school Linda said June was unwell and would not be coming to school. I was horror struck! How could I go through a day without the company of June? Happily, she arrived later looking beautiful as usual. Groves informed me that I had an interview with Mr Gaunt for 10. I dread going to see him. He's such a ridiculous burke. I went up with Denise and 10. He didn't have anything to say except to wish me luck for Friday's interview. Mrs Lane's lesson was rather interesting: Suez Crisis, and the rise of Harold Macmillan 1957-63, etc. At lunchtime June and I went down to the shops for a couple of Cadbury Creme Eggs and a pound of sugar for the servery. June went without her coat and looked really cold. She laughs when I say she'll catch cold. June has been delightful today. She tells me that she's going for tea with her sister Christine, in Guiseley. On Ings Lane to be precise. She was ready and waiting to leave at 4, but somehow the whole thing slipped my mind and we didn't leave until nearly 4.30 - she had been sitting silently in her duffle coat watching me chatting, instead of pulling me away. A romantic journey together on the same bus for once! --==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday April 1, 1984

 4th Sunday in Lent Mothering Sunday New Moon Sunny, bright, &c. Smothering Sunday. All Fool's Day. Busy. Rob came and so too did th...