20090310

Wednesday January 17, 1973

Day of rejoicing and excitement because Denny brought £6 deposit for the holiday. Got up at 6.30. and revised until nearly 8. I had a quick breakfast (boiled egg) and rushed off to school on the 8.30 bus. Revising by 9, as was Irene, Christine B, Christine J, and MM. I was very satisfied by the exam paper, and managed to answer four questions. Mr Ayling actually came across from the main school in person at about 11.30. Honour for us all indeed. We spent the afternoon relaxing after the exam and Louise, Denny, Dave, Chris and myself joined in with the lower sixth. June and Janet were in usual form. June is such a nice person. We all went through the usual procedure of being ejaculated from the common-room by Mrs Capstan Fullstrength and the caretaker at 4.15. Groves was away. Lousie wants me to go to Denny's tomorrow afternoon. I don't really want to. Things are much more amusing at school. Besides, I promised I would take my "Fog Theory, by Wyndham-Logg" in. I am still awaiting a reply from Darlington College of Ed. They've been considering me for a week as from Thursday. I think they are waiting for my Biology results which should be out on Monday/Tues. I hope to God that I have passed. I doubt very much whether they'll accept me if I fail. Ah well, that's life. I have done no revising tonight. I consider my daily quota to be done for today. History mock A -level is the next thing, and if I don't begin revising I'll be in for it. But I take life as it comes and stuff the consequences.


-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday April 1, 1984

 4th Sunday in Lent Mothering Sunday New Moon Sunny, bright, &c. Smothering Sunday. All Fool's Day. Busy. Rob came and so too did th...