20090328

Wednesday March 7, 1973

Awoke at 8. Rushed down the lane for the 8.30 bus. Arrived in good time. Got to school about 8.50. Sat with Christine Braithwaite. June came in with Linda W at 9.35. Linda saw those poor passengers getting on the plane which crashed at Nantes in France soon after. She was very nervous on her flight. She says she's fallen in love. Yes, with a sex-mad Spanish waiter after only 5 days. June and I tell her that these waiters have a new romance every week but Linda simply will not listen. She has written to him already. I bet he won't reply.

Talking at break we decide to go to the Emmotts tonight - for the first time on a Wednesday. However, love-struck Linda will not go, and so Cowie won't go. That means June and I will be going up on our own again - how romantic!

At lunchtime June and I went down into Rawdon for the lunches. We always enjoy the chase to and from school with the pile of liver-sausage sandwiches and warm, dripping pork pies. Ughh!
Dave, Louise, Christine and I had a very good laugh this afternoon gossiping about WW (the rabid homosexual) who just happened to be sitting behind Dave. We also played Chinese-whispers but not very successfully.

At 4.30 June and I walked hand in hand to the bus stop. Called at Cleggs sweet shop on the way - the bloke knows what we want before we even have the chance to ask! My dreaded bus came at 4.50. Came home and rang Dave. We decide to go to the Emmotts (or at least I persuaded him to go). We went up on the 7.30 bus. Dave was wearing a new jacket - very trendy. We arrived at 8. June was waiting outside for me. We passed a very nice 2 and a half hours spending very economically. June was on Britvics and I was on lager. Dave however, drank Martinis - very rich!

Ivy, bless her, was very tactful to sugegst to Dave that June and I wanted to "do some courting" and he left on the 10.40 55 bus. 10 minutes later June and I went but on the way I encountered Dad's workmate, PC Copsey - I ignored him, but whether he recognised me is a different matter.

My bus came at 11.10. After 20 minutes on a seat with June. Got in at 11.40. Everyone was in bed and I proceeded to do the same, without any supper. Somehow I have no apetite.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday April 28, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Warmer. Summer madness in fact. From opening the doors at 11 we could sense the tension and almost hear it crackling a...