20090414

Friday April 27, 1973

Get up at nearly 10 o'clock. Have a bowl of cereals. It's unusual for me. Have a cup of coffee while glancing at Queen Victoria in the lounge. Much more interesting than George III.

Oh, I must do my Economics. I keep putting it off and putting it off. It will be too late if I leave it any longer. I MUST DO MY ECONOMICS AFTER LUNCH!! Grief, it's 11 o'clock and I have to ring June. She will be waiting. Oh no! Lynn is on the phone. I'll tell her to get off the line and then I'll ring June.

I rang her but no one answers. I will keep ringing until I am satisfied that she has forgotten. On reflection, did I promise to ring her today, or was that yesterday?

Deep in sorrow I continue with my Economics. Work all afternoon.

Go to the CW at 7 o'clock. Sue fell off Polo this morning. She feels as though she's broken her back - Poor Girl!

Very busy evening. Bored and tired by 12.30. Come home and read Mrs Woodham-Smith's Queen Victoria Vol. 1, 1819-1861. Marvellous! The Lady Flora Hastings Affair is so interesting - how can one imagine in these days of the 1970s that idle gossip at court in 1839 could bring down a government? Queen V is such a character. My heroine in history. If ever I have a say in the naming of a daughter of mine - she will be called Victoria.

Come to bed at 2.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Poor Diana Dors has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Aged 52, she has suffered from cancer. We laz...