20090401

Friday March 23, 1973

Got up at 8 o'clock. Very late. The sun shone brilliantly throughout the whole of this truly marvellous day. Somehow I feel as though I want to write down everything that passes through my mind due to the fact that one day I might be a lonely old soul in need of something to remind me of the past.

The day was remarkable. I ate 2 oranges, fish and chips, and a bag of potato crisps for lunch and then bade farewell to June who is going to Hawksworth Hall to visit a mob of spastics.

At every available opportunity such as breaks and lunchtime we rushed out onto the field - Chris, Louise, Denise and MM were ___in a made passionate orgy of fun and Spring-like frolic.

However, the sun lost its appeal for me and Dave and Christine plus a a mob of lower 6th scum and we chased into the groggy smoke-filled common room where we had a few hands of knock-out whist.

Louise and I had a hysterical double lesson of Biology, and we had our usual "Italian half hour" coming out with phrases like "Tia Maria" and "Santa Maria" with more and more affectation.
A 4 returned to the 6th form where June, Cowie, Janet, Dave, Christine, Louise and I played a few hands of cheat. June and I went down to the bus stop. Mournful due to the fact that I am working Sunday and we won't be meeting again until Monday morning. A very, poignant, tearful parting!

Before leaving for work I had the idea that Janet Roots lived near June and so I rang her and asked her to pass on the message that I'd be at Guiseley Swimming Baths on Sunday morning at 10.30. Janet agreed to be my go between.

Went to work, where Sue R told me that Martin, the Sunday washer-up, was now able to work on Sunday evening after all. I was furious. My Sunday evening is going to be free after all!

Came home completely fagged out. Immediately to bed.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday April 1, 1984

 4th Sunday in Lent Mothering Sunday New Moon Sunny, bright, &c. Smothering Sunday. All Fool's Day. Busy. Rob came and so too did th...