20090409

Saturday April 14, 1973

It must have been nearly 12 when I awoke. John and I decided to go to Leeds. Mum was in a rather terrible mood - we were relieved to get out of the house. We hope she'll be back to normal by tea time. She wanted to give me the £1.30 she owed me, but I protested and said I would wait until next week. John and I got the 2 o'clock 55 bus. Arrived at Leeds 2.50. We go to the predestrian precinct where we find Harry Fenton's. I buy a pair of trousers for £6.75 and a jumper for £4.50. John lends me £2 until next week. We next went to Ray Allen's where John bought a pair of (Oxford) bags for £5.50 - very similar to my latest bags. At the bus station I bought Mum a box of plain and milk chocolates for 20-odd pence. Leave Leeds on the 55 at 4.50. Home by 5.30. Watched Dr Who and had a salad. Prepare for work. Walk down Thorpe Lane arriving at the CW at 7.10. Pauline, Sue and Toffer sit in readiness for the hungry mob. Pauline gives me a piece of chocolate. Not a terribly busy evening. Sue feeling very tired went to bed at midnight. Pauline and I have a laugh with Toffer until 1. A "lovey-dovey" couple keep us waiting. Pauline and I think of ways to get rid of them. Toffer looks on at us in horror. P and I have a bowl of soup and a roll in the restaurant at 1.15. P being very giggly. Come home at 1.30. John watches the television. Lynn and Sue come home ten minutes later from babysitting. We drink a glass of sherry. Dad comes home for supper. Lynn and I say goodnight and go to bed. Sue comes up not long after Dad departs for work. --==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday May 6, 1984

 2nd Sunday after Easter Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 Dismal. The little warm spell has passed by.That's summer over and done with. Down to t...