20090401

Monday March 19, 1973

Awoke feeling very dry in the throat at 7.35. Had little breakfast and departed for school on the 8.30 bus. Mondays are such terrible days at school. The boredom is simply awful! We always end up arguing with each other (June and I). Dave arrived at the same time as me but I settled down in the study areas to do my Biology homework on genetics. Louise took my work into Mrs Stancliffe's class - who was surprised to see homework from me which is an obvious reaction due to the fact that I NEVER do Biology homework.

Oh what a rotten day it's been. June and I went through our usual Monday "make a nasty slanderous remark period" which lasts until about 4.

The Economics lesson was completely uneventful and I was most narked that my newsagent had failed to deliver my copy of "The Economist" which Dave shares with me.

June and I are certainly a pair of mugs, due to the fact that we went down to Rigg's for half the 6th form again. Shopping until nearly 1 o'clock. June is a real darling. The past 1 and half months have been like a dream. My main worry is that it will end one day. God I hope it isn't for many years (preferably about 70 or 80).

Mrs Lane wants me to give a talk on Chartism tomorrow afternoon for the benefit of the lower 6th group. The subject seems very straight forward, but knowing Mrs Lane she will almost certainly spring some surprise on us.

June accompanied me to my bus stop as usual and it came remarkably early. On arrival home I had tea and settled down to "overlook my homework". Came to bed at about 11. Mondays are always dreadfully boring days. Tomorrow ought to be more exciting.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Poor Diana Dors has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Aged 52, she has suffered from cancer. We laz...