20090402

Monday March 26, 1973

A really horrid day! For about 30 minutes this afternoon June and I seem to have fallen out! Over what I simply do not know. Mondays are always such depressing days and in the afternoon a group of us started arguing - debating - about abortion. Benita, Dave, Vilma, Christine, and dear June took the opposing view to me. We argued right through the 4 o'clock bell and on until 5 when the 'fight' ended with Christine and Dave going off for buses.

The weather is marvellous again. But I was unable to appreciate the weather and at 5 I drifted to the bus stop feeling devastated and quite alone. All she could say was "goodbye" and I left school alone. I was a total nervous wreck, and for some unknown reason I rang Mum and told her I was going to be late home. She must have thought I was being very strange. I mournfully made my way to the bus stop where I sat on the Post Office doorstep feeling very sorry for myself. Hursty went past with a horrid grin spread across his horrible face. Obviously, he thought the finale had come to our romance.

God, at last June came. We both realised in an instant that we were being foolish, and within 2 minutes we had made up. June waited with me until 5.15. What a blissful half hour it was! We were kissing and then joking how the 'Grand Finale' had almost caught up with us. Good Grief, I did not really appreciate just how much I would miss her until we had this small, innocent squabble. May it never occurr again!!!

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Poor Diana Dors has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Aged 52, she has suffered from cancer. We laz...