20090410

Sunday April 15, 1973

Palm Sunday. Nearly 12 again when I get up. I ought to be ashamed of myself remembering the days when I spent Sunday morning in church. Have breakfast and then go upstairs to tidy my bedroom which is a disgrace with books, papers, and useless articles piled everywhere.

Have a small snack at lunchtime then watch a corny film (black and white). Nice tea at 5 followed by Badminton Horse Trials on the telly (Princess Anne there). Horse trials are always very exciting. One poor girl succumbed to a heavy blow on being thrown from her horse which landed on the top of her. She was taken away in an ambulance. Dad was being anti-social and he did the washing-up. Susan and I departed to the dining room to listen to the top 60 programme. At 6 o'clock I rang Dave. His mother told me that he was in Sheffield for the day but he would contact me on his return. At 7 I rang again. He had just got in, and due to several severe nose bleeds he said he wanted an early night. So it seems that June and I will be alone.

Arrived at the Emmotts at 8.25. June had been there since twenty to 8. But in her note she said quite clearly that she'd been there at 8.30. Anyway, she was enjoying herself with dear old Ivy. We have a laugh about her name. She dislikes Bottomley. Evidently, her grandfather, Mr Bottomley, married a Miss Sidebottom - what a remarkable arsey phenomenon! Bottoms run in the family. June's brother, Geoffrey, changed his name to Dalton, and her sister, prior to her marriage, changed her name to Langley. Bottomley is not so bad. Very much to our surprise, Dave came in at about 9 o'clock. He had a couple of cokes and stayed until about 9.50. He had to take the car home for his Dad. June and I remained until 10.30 - she very much liked my new furry jersey and said that her sister Sue is having a crush on me at the moment. God! Not another one! Came home at 11.15. Watched a programme about what the Commonwealth thinks about the Royal Family. Ray Belisario, that horrid photographer, showed some phots of Princess Margaret scantily clad. Everyone should be allowed to have some privacy - Belisario wants hanging!

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Poor Diana Dors has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Aged 52, she has suffered from cancer. We laz...