20090401

Sunday March 18, 1973

2nd in Lent. Awoke to the sound of all the people on Tranmere mowing lawns and pruning back those sprouting roses. It was 12.30 and the morning was gone. A beautiful sunny day. Went down for bacon and eggs and mushrooms. Absolutely delicious. After a quick chase around the garden full of "a host of golden daffodils" I took up the sunday newspapers. Tragedy. Mark Phillips has denied the rumours of his romance with Princess Anne. She denied the rumours 2 weeks ago. Is it curtains for the Christmas wedding? Yes, it seems as though at Easter engagement is now dashed on the rocks of disaster. Such a pity. Watched an old fashioned film on the afternoon film matinee spot. Then took to the bathroom for 40 minutes emerging feeling greatly refreshed and healthy. After tea Dave phoned and offered me a lift to the Emmotts in his car. What a tremendous feeling it was! Fancy, Dave being able to drive! Mum and Dad went out about 7.30. Dave called for me at 7.45. He drove away perfectly. We arrived at the Emmotts at 8. June was late and didn't arrive until 8.40. I sat in the bus shelter wearing my new bags feeling very miserable until her arrival. We stayed at the Emmotts until 9.30, when Dave gave June and I and Martin V-B a lift to The Drop in Guiseley - not a very nice place and much too modern for my taste. June wasn't keen either. On the whole it was a beautifully pleasant evening. Dave gave June a lift home to Horsforth dropping Martin V-B off at Rawdon Crematorium - rather appropriate. He dropped me off at my door at 11. Such a good day it's been. --==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday April 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 My 29th birthday. Up at 7 feeling awful. Sitting in bed Ally gave me a pink and blue tie and a card with a frog on ...