20090402

Sunday March 25, 1973

Sue woke me at 9 o'clock!! I have not been out of bed so early on a Sunday for at least 2 years. But a brisk swim will do me much more good than simply rotting in bed! Sue and I listened to the Ed Stewart Show on Radio 1 whilst we had breakfast. Alison came across at about 9.45 to walk with us to the swimming baths. We left 5 minutes later. On arriving at the pool at 10.20 Sue and Al went inside leaving me sitting on the wall waiting for June until nearly 10.45. She came running down the road looking very distressed saying she had been waiting for me for half an hour!

From 10.50 to 11.55 had a good time in the pool. June looks so different in the water. I cannot really say that Susan liked her, but what does that matter? She's my girlfriend at that's that. At noon went to get changed and then spectate until nearly 1 o'clock, eating cheese and biscuits, crisps, and "Pink Panther" chocolate. The weather was really miserable and at 1 it began to rain. I accompanied the girls to the bus stop. We waited for nearly half an hour and June, Linda and Janet finally got their bus. I ran homeward in the rain . Had lunch of rabbit pie - yes, the actual rabbit that I gutted yesterday.

Mum and Dad were in an argumentative mood and I was greatly relieved to hear that Auntie Hilda, Uncle Tony and the girls were coming over to see us for tea. They arrived at about 5. I was reading a very tatty copy of "I Will Repay" by Baroness Orczy.

Tonight was my first Sunday evening at home for 2 months! Absolutely dreadful without June. Anyway, we're going out tomorrow evening instead. Dad went to work at about 7. Mum with Auntie H and Uncle T went down to the Commercial at Esholt until nearly 11. We all had a good supper and I departed to bed at about 12.30. Auntie Hilda will be 37 on Wednesday. She was born in 1936 during the brief reign of my hero, King Edward VIII.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 2, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 Mum. To try and keep a journal, run and pub and a baby is asking the impossible. Gone is that old wit and sparkle b...