20090428

Sunday September 16, 1973

13th after Trinity. Wake up at about 10.30 to find myself in MMs morning room - on the floor. Poor Dave is also sprawled out near the stereo whilst John sleeps on the sofa. Dave wakes up and I climb into a chair and go back to sleep. Dave wakes me at 10.50 saying he cannot get out of the house. I look around a find a key - Dave is freed.

John and I play through MMs tapes. He gets up at 11.15 saying he was violently sick last night after going to sleep due to excessive alcohol. We make some breakfast. Hear on the 11.30 news that the old King of Sweden died last night. The old boy was ninety. MM brought John and I home at 12.0.

Later: Uncle Arnold, Auntie Janet and cousins Judith and Alison arrive at 7.45. Uncle Arnold puts so much emphasis on the unimportant things in life - i.e. examinations, examinations and more examinations, not forgetting examinations. Chris rang at 6.30 (with Andy listening in on his bedroom extension) - I played along with the game and they did not realise I knew he was listening in. We decide to go to the Queen's tonight. Ring Dave at 7. He picks John and I up at 8.30 - we collect Christine W at her house. Very enjoyable evening. MM and Linda arrived at 9 o'clock.

Uncle Arnold and family left at 11.30. I was home in bed for 12.0 o'clock.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday April 1, 1984

 4th Sunday in Lent Mothering Sunday New Moon Sunny, bright, &c. Smothering Sunday. All Fool's Day. Busy. Rob came and so too did th...