20090409

Thursday April 12, 1973

Awoke at 8.30. Mum bids me goodbye and goes to work. I sit with the Daily Mail and a coffee until 9.15. Have a hot bath. Prepare a urine sample for my medical - pissing into a bottle. I sit laughing to myself at the latest crisis occurring in the Rhodes family since we cut off diplomatic relations last September. It seems that my Auntie Dorothy fell down an open man-hole at work, and a poor hospital worker was impailed on the end of her boot. She suffered severe damage to one of her feet. Her husband has contracted his imaginary rash again. He uses this in a variety of excuses. This time it was used to get rid of Grandad Rhodes. Aunt is now undergoing treatment at her home in Crawshaw something or other in Pudsey. My grandfather is now sponging on the hospitality of Uncle Harry at Wakefield - much to Harry's annoyance. My Grandad tore one of Uncle Harry's best white shirts to bits in order to create a dish cloth. I can see he won't last there for very long. Cousin Sam broke out of his cell on Mother's Day and went to make Auntie Mavis her breakfast in bed. While he was downstairs rolling up newspaper for the fire, Auntie Mavis was quietly dialling the police who arrived on the scene with a strait jacket. Sam - "Dr Jekyll" went without force. What a family the Rhodeses are.

At 9.45 go with my urine sample to see Dr Murdoch in Guiseley. After 15 minutes he says that my x-ray was perfect and the remainder of me is in absolutely great form. Come home rejoicing at 10.45. Write a letter to June. Mum comes home at 12.30 with lunch. After lunch Sue plays the Supremes LP whilst I made some attempt to start my Economics essay. At 3.30 Mum, Dad and I went up to Hawksworth School to vote. Because it is a secret ballot I am not obliged to write down for whom I voted. But I suppose you can guess. Had a nice tea. Then watched television until 7.15. Set off for work where Sue and I had a set to with the greasy cooker and cupboards. I also accepted the proposal to de-grease the kitchen on Wednesday for £3. I am going to be a wealthy man in my own right before the year is up. Came home at 11.30. Browsed over my Economics essay until 12.45. Retired to bed after smoking a cig.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday April 1, 1984

 4th Sunday in Lent Mothering Sunday New Moon Sunny, bright, &c. Smothering Sunday. All Fool's Day. Busy. Rob came and so too did th...