20090416

Thursday May 17, 1973

What a day! Got up late and get to school at 9.30. Do Lord Liverpool and Liberal Toryism until 11.45. June and I sit together until nearly 12.30.

Christine tells Dave and me that the Germans and the usual mob are going on a pub crawl round Horsforth tonight. How can I refuse such an invitation! However, June says she doesn't want to go. I feel terrible. But the dear Darling insists that I go alone. Alone, and without June with me for the first time in about 3 and a half months! A final fling before the 'A' levels as it were (or at least one of the last!)

John and I go to Dave's at 7.30. Cowie and his German penfriend Ulrich arrive later. Dave takes us up to the Fleece at Horsforth. Christine, Philip, Phil, Willie, Dietrich, Dale, Wolfgang, Helga, and Dave, Cowie, Ulrich and myself spent 2 and a half hours going round the pubs in Horsforth Town Street. I was 'pissed up to the armpits'. Too hysterical for words. Christine's Philip is great fun.

We decide to move on the the Intercon at Ilkley. Dave has to make two trips. A great night. Sober up at about 12.30. Every time the music breaks we shout "Rod Stewart" - the disc jockey laughs. He plays 'Cindy Incidentally' and 'Maggie' about 10 times. Dale is sloshed. Christine and Philip are a great couple. Finish at 2 o'clock.

Dave takes everyone home in the 1st trip except John, Phil and myself. We walk for four miles until almost 3am. Dave didn't half look hilarious driving off over Ilkley Moor with seven in the back seat. Have you ever heard a car full of Germans singing 'God Save the Queen', 'Four and Twenty Virgins' and 'On Ilkla Moor Bah't at'? Home after 3. Mum not pleased.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday April 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 My 29th birthday. Up at 7 feeling awful. Sitting in bed Ally gave me a pink and blue tie and a card with a frog on ...