20090402

Tuesday March 27, 1973

Yes, still no change in the weather! What a beautiful year, weather wise, and in every other way, it is going to be. Got up at nearly 8 and postponed by bus ride until 9. June arrived almost simultaneously and instead of sitting with me, she went over to sit near the record player with Vilma Crosfield. She must have started her 'isolationist at school' thing. It was only yesterday that she said I must be growing bored with her because we are seeing too much of each other. Christine almost bit my head off when I happened to comment that June was ignoring me. (I was simply worried). "You can't bloody expect her to follow you around like a bloody dog", she said. She made me realise I am being childish.

Today we continued our argument on personal opinions. I made some attempt to disagree with abortion but June quashed it with shouts of: "Male chauvenist Pig!" and "horrible fascist". We then ventured onto the subject of the Royal Family, and believe it or not Benita and Linda agreed that the Queen does a very fine job. Linda goes on to say that Her Majesty is "lovely and graceful", an unusual remark from a 16-year-old girl. Despite her provoking, June was really delightful today.

Came home at 5 o'clock. The evening was very pleasant. I walked down to work at 6.50. For some unknown reason I was listless and bored. At 11.30 when everyone had gone, a couple of Sue and Toffer's friends came in. We played records and sang until nearly 3. Toffer used to have a disco and he has about 500 discs from the 1960s. They didn't half call to mind some old memories. Came home after 3. Ate 6 pikelets and fell into bed.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday April 1, 1984

 4th Sunday in Lent Mothering Sunday New Moon Sunny, bright, &c. Smothering Sunday. All Fool's Day. Busy. Rob came and so too did th...