20090402

Wednesday March 28, 1973

Such a beautiful day! Had barely any breakfast and arrived at school at about 9. I set to work on a revision list (again!) for Mrs Lane. I had finished it by 9.30.

June did not arrive until about 10.30 because her poor Aunt Mary Ellen, who is 88, fell down the stairs, and June sat with her to give her some comfort. What an Angel she is!

In her Commerce lesson this afternoon she typed me a beautiful letter. I have never laughed quite so much at a letter before. What imagination she has!

"Dear Michael,

Are you feeling better now? You were in a very bad, aggressive, irritable, aggravated mood, and it was not like you to be like that. Me maybe, but you, definately not. At least I just pretend but you were being serious and I thought my end had come. The finale was in sight...alas...it was a good performance but all good things come to an end!

Anyway,as long as you have taken your tablets and become your nice, normal, lovable self we can forget all about the Mr Hyde side of your nature. A human being has many aspects of his personality. Just as a diamond has many facets and the majority of the time we only see one side, but occasionally we catch a small glimpse of some of the darker depths of human nature.

Wot a load 'o rubbish.

I xxxxxxxx

June.

I love you."


Today is Auntie Hilda's birthday. I always joke with her about her age and on Sunday I reckoned that she is 52. If only looks could kill I doubt very much that I would alive, well, and here today.

We are now growing quite sick of having to give in to half the 6th form and go to the shops every lunchtime. If we could only be more selfish occasionally. I am sure it would do us a lot of good.

Wednesday afternoons are usually quite interesting. Today we discuss whether 18 year-old kids still at school should be allowed into the pubs at lunchtime. Groves said that alcohol slows down a person's brain capacity. Trust him to come out with something like that!

Came home at 5.15. Had tea and sat in front of the TV feeling very guilty about the 'A' levels in 10 weeks time. Oh God!

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday April 1, 1984

 4th Sunday in Lent Mothering Sunday New Moon Sunny, bright, &c. Smothering Sunday. All Fool's Day. Busy. Rob came and so too did th...