20090501

Friday September 28, 1973

The morning begins with me feeling very tired and listless. Totally 'under the weather'. By lunchtime I begin sneezing my head off. Christine takes all the blame because she started with a cold earlier in the week. However, I do not give in to it and last out at school until 4 o'clock.

Having already made arrangements to go out tonight I do not break them. Therefore, at 8.15, Dave, poor soul, collects John and I and Christine W. We go to the Fleece where Chris, Marita, Christine and Philip, Andy and MM are busily supping and merry-making. By 9.30 my cold is terrible and John yells at me for coming out on a cold evening with such an illness. Chris, being his usual gracious self, bought me a brandy. John, God Bless him, brought me another 2 brandies and a rye and dry. I was not even slightly pissed at 10.30.

MM invites us all back to his pad at 10.45 for coffee, and coffee only. We all go. I sit with Marita and almost fall to sleep on her - much to the dismay of Chris who is sitting on her other side. I am very fond of Marita, whom I first saw at Sue Crosby's 1st party all those months ago - she says so, because I have no recollection of seeing her until August 25. I was so drunk at Sue's party anyway.

Dave brings us home at 12.20 - me feeling lousy. Bed 12.30.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday May 6, 1984

 2nd Sunday after Easter Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 Dismal. The little warm spell has passed by.That's summer over and done with. Down to t...