20090530

Saturday February 2, 1974

Susan gives me a shake at 7.30 and I have a greasy crumpet for breakfast. Laugh at the thought of it because 'Greasy Crumpet' is Chris's description of Miss Helen Taylor. Get the usual train in Guiseley. See in the YP that Reginald Maudling, a former Home Secretary, was injured by a letter bomb last night. Also, Ronald Biggs, one of the 'Great Train Robbers' has been arrested in Rio. The bugger's been on the run since 1965.

Finish at 12. Rush into Leeds and get a pair of shoes for £7.99 - not bad really. See 'Dr Who' on tv after fighting my way up the lane in driving downpours. Have a bath and John and I get the 8.0 o'clock bus to the Emmotts. Poor Ivy isn't in her usual corner, and I continue to worry even after Martin V-B assures me that the old girl is not dead. MM and David come in, but we leave 10 minutes later. Chris, we learn, discovered his wallet under a seat at the Black Bull and he and his father proceeded to carry on drinking until 2.0am. I never thought he'd see that again.

At 10.0 Chris and Linda and Christine and me go in Pete's car to Meanwood - 'The Cat's Whiskers' no less. John and Andy go with Keith and Helen. Not particularly over the moon with it - the disco that is. Too large and poorly planned. The service isn't too good either. Anyway, John and Andy arrive safely and we remain until 2.0am. Helen and myself danced in 'the cage' - and so did the others later on, but we set the initiative.

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday April 20, 1984

 Good Friday Moorhouse Inn, Leeds In days of old I complained , nay played hell, about the archaic licensing laws on this Holy day. Not now....