20090501

Saturday September 29, 1973

Wake up at 7 o'clock and go back to sleep until 11. My cold is somewhat better, and even if I have pneumonia I am going out tonight in order to celebrate David's last pre-college Saturday. Stay in the lounge all day. See a Liz Taylor film: 'The Last Time I Saw Paris' which was quite good. Mum and Dad go to the shops at 4.30 and she buys some liquid to put up my nose. It works wonders. By 5 o'clock I can breath again. Lynn and Sue come back from Bradford with another LP for John - who is at work - Tamla Volume III. John and Dad go out driving and Sue and Lynn go to have tea with Al Dixon. Mother and me watch Bruce Forsyth's 'Generation Game'. At 6.30 I go change, now feeling greatly improved. Andy rings at 7 and I say I'll meet him near Shires at 7.45. However, John and Dad don't get back until 7.30 and John and me are subsequently late. We buy 12 pints of beer and go to Dave's where Philip and Christine are listening to records - Philip is unusually very quiet. MM, Christine W and Linda S arrive later, followed by Chris and Marita. By 11 Andy and myself are quite drunk - especially Andy who added Bacardi to his pints of Newcastle Brown. What a laugh - everyone imitating everyone elses dancing styles. When Mr & Mrs Lawson arrive home we pile into Dave and Marita's cars and go to the Intercon at the Cow & Calf at Ilkley. Christine ignored Philip all night long. See Denny who, strangely enough, ignores Chris. Home at 2.30. --==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday April 1, 1984

 4th Sunday in Lent Mothering Sunday New Moon Sunny, bright, &c. Smothering Sunday. All Fool's Day. Busy. Rob came and so too did th...