20090501

Thursday October 4, 1973

Uncle Harry's 51st birthday. Arrive at Benton at 10 minutes to 9. Read George III and do my Economics until 12.30. Bid my farewells to Christine and then leave for home on the 1.15 bus.

Mother is awaiting my arrival and feeling very excited. Have lunch and then don my suit, and bid farewell to Mother who is entertaining Jennie Rawnsley, and to Father, who is messing around with the car. I leave for Leeds on the 2.30 55 bus. A 4 o'clock the ordeal begins - what a relief it all is. Such an interesting interview followed, where I was introduced to the head editorial librarian and to her deputy. They were surrounded by piles of reference books and news cuttings - just the sort of place for me. They let me know next week whether they require my services or not. I leave at 4.35 and go look in WH Smith's. Home by 6.45. Both Mum and Dad are very hopeful.

See tv until 9.20 when I depart to my bedroom and complete an Economics essay for tomorrow. John and the girls watch Diana Ross on BBC2.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday April 12, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn I played Hercules Poirot tonight and stood at the bar in the tap room mixing with the Hunslet folk and observing the staff. T...