20090604

Saturday February 16, 1974

Climb out of bed just before noon. No work for me today and Kathleen said yesterday that she's spoiling me with all these weekends off.

Do nothing all day except go driving with Dad. At about 2 Sue rang from her place of work, and Dad let me drive down Park Road to pick her up. She didn't like the idea of me being at the wheel and she gave a sigh of relief when we dropped her off at Pine Tops. Dad and I coninued up Hawksworth Lane past Dick Hudson's pub and over Baildon Moor. He is a nervous wreck - not at all confident like my driving instructor.

Denise rang whilst I was in the bath. John arranged to meet her in the Queen's. Chris says he'll be there for 8 - a likely story. John and me get the 7.30 55. The Queen's is packed with acquaintances. Christine and Philip, Mick Knowles and Lynn, MM and Marita, David etc. Linda and Christine arrive on the same bus with John, Denny and me. Even Helen and Keith find time to leave the party and join us. Chris comes at 8.45 and Andy and Peter seem to be very quiet and miserable. Chris and Pete go home at 10.15. Linda, Andy and Christine White go with Keith and Helen, and John, Denny and me go with David, MM and Marita. The reconciliation has taken place at last! We go to the Elma at Shipley - which must be the worst discotheque I have ever experienced. Like a rabbit hutch, with horrible people, and flat beer. Never again. Home by 2.15am. I must say it makes a change being with David and the 'Jet-Set'. Chris and Co do get slightly monotonous at times.


Suzi Quatro.

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Poor Diana Dors has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Aged 52, she has suffered from cancer. We laz...