20090606

Thursday February 28, 1974

Polling day throughout Britain today. I cast my vote at about 8.15 tonight, and believe it or not, I didn't really know who to plum for. However, the Conservatives receive my cross, and I left Hawksworth School to find the snow pounding down. A kindly gentleman gave me a lift home, and I sat back to watch the election results on tv. Mum and Dad went round to the Smiths and I joined them at 12 when everyone else had gone to bed. John fell to sleep laughing at the thought of bloody Harold Wilson moving into No. 10. At 4am I retire, completely unaware of who had achieved victory in this election. All the tv announcers were saying that stalemate had been achieved, and that no one party is capable of forming an administration. Anyway, at this time in the morning I don't care who gets into office - no doubt it will all turn out right in the end.

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Poor Diana Dors has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Aged 52, she has suffered from cancer. We laz...