20090606

Wednesday February 27, 1974

Ash Wednesday. My half-day. Saw June on the bus going to Guiseley. She was paying a lightning visit to her sister, Mrs Hobson, on Netherfield Road. We exchanged the usual niceities, and she tells me she is going to an interview at Margaret Macmillan this afternoon - we then parted and she skipped over the zebra crossing and into oblivion. I stood and watched her as she disappeared into the midday bustle of the thriving city of Guiseley. The girl who had once governed my very thoughts had nothing better to discuss than the weather conditions and just how mild it is for February. Life is an odd thing. walk home thinking to myself just how miserable I could be if I tried. After six months I still wish we were together. But I'm saying no more on the subject of females.

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday May 6, 1984

 2nd Sunday after Easter Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 Dismal. The little warm spell has passed by.That's summer over and done with. Down to t...