20090901

Monday August 12, 1974

Up at nearly 7.45. John saved the whole household from over sleeping. Mr Rawnsley takes me to Henshaw Lane wher he puts his car in the carriage before joining me on the bus to Leeds. Arrive at 8.45. A deputation of subs girls came across before lunch and told me that they'd started a fan club for me - and they requested that I give them details of my life and background, my likes and dislikes, etc, for a pamphlet. They carry on ringing me all afternoon and Sarah and Kathleen get quite sick and tired of answering the phone.

Home at 6 feeling tired, not having had an early nights rest for ages. Sit in front of the tv from 7 until the end of the 9 o'clock news. Go upstairs and leap in the bath whilst Mum argues with John and Dad about finishing the decorating in the kitchen. See more tv until the end of 'Emmerdale Farm' after 11. To bed at 11.30 and sleep immediately.

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 2, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 Mum. To try and keep a journal, run and pub and a baby is asking the impossible. Gone is that old wit and sparkle b...