20090901

Sunday August 11, 1974

Up at 1. Cramp quite gone. Nice lunch. Mum spends the afternoon either sitting in the garden or lying on her bed - one of her Sunday afternoon privileges. Denny, Lynn and I watch the tv - a film - then "Department S" and then "Alias Smith and Jones". Salad for tea at 6. Denny goes on the 7 o'clock 55. Pleasant day really. Sit on my bed counting my money and see that I have £3.15 to last me until Thursday. I need £2 for bus fares and £4.50 for Barclaycard and thus discover that I am £3 or thereabouts in debt. Ah well, worst things happen at sea. I shall have to employ an accountant to deal with my monetary affairs. John goes out with Pete M at 8.30 and Lynn, Mum and I sit around eating chocolates, drinking sherry, and watching 'High Society' starring Bing Crosby and Princess Grace of Monaco. Chris comes in with John for a coffee at 10.30. I go to bed at about 11.30. Lynn and Sue sit on my bed talking about holidays until nearly 1. Yet another late night! When will they ever end?



"Rock Your Baby" George Macrae.

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday May 6, 1984

 2nd Sunday after Easter Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 Dismal. The little warm spell has passed by.That's summer over and done with. Down to t...