20091005

Sunday August 25, 1974

Up at about 10.30 for breakfast. Miss Dibb joins us for toast and marmalade, etc. Worried about Dave B I ring Andy where I learn from Mrs Graham that Dave spent he night in Otley Hospital. At least they'll be able to deal with his injuries, which certainly needed some medical treatment. Ring Denny who asks if anything exciting will be taking place tomorrow, then ring Chris, where Mrs Ratcliffe informs me that his lordship is still asleep in his bed.

John drives me to Guiseley Railway Station at about 5 o'clock - in pouring rain - and I have a nasty experience with Dave B's umberella, which completely collapsed about my head. Arrive work at 5.30. Shortly afterwards Denny rings and invites me to her house, where by all accounts a party will be commencing from 10.30 onwards this evening. Go to the Central with Tony K from 9 till 10. Taxi to Denny's at midnight - it only takes 15 minutes. Andy, Carol, Peter M, Chris, John and Denny are the sole party attenders. The girls are busy making chips. Before 2 everyone goes except Chris, John and myself and we argue about what we intend doing for the day tomorrow. I think we shoud go to the seaside, but everyone says I'm mad, and shout abuse concerning traffic jams and other such rubbish.

Denny and I sit in her lounge drinking Dry Martini until after 4am. We then both go our separate ways to bed. I sit reading 'The Betsy' by Harold Robbins, which I've read before, and also glance at an autobiography of a one-time Hell's Angel. Daylight by the time I eventually go to sleep.

-==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday April 1, 1984

 4th Sunday in Lent Mothering Sunday New Moon Sunny, bright, &c. Smothering Sunday. All Fool's Day. Busy. Rob came and so too did th...