20091005

Thursday August 29, 1974

Warm day but somewhat cloudy. Nothing much of importance at the YP. It is disappointing that Sarah and Carol do not want to go on the weekly pub crawl which we agreed would be held every Thursday from now to eternity. Draw £30 cash from my Barclaycard which I give to John towards his car fund. £195 is rather a lot for a 17year-old boy to fork out. You must understand that I haven't given him the £30 and he must pay it back at a date yet to be decided by my solicitors. Mum tells me that Denny rang at ablout 5 o'clock to ask if I am working tomorrow. She'll be disappointed. I have to work all day Saturday too. I would like to alter the style of my diary which, since its beginning in January 1973, has been boring and monotonous. Can't imagine why I ever bother to write it, but no doubt it will be worthwhile in 100 years time. Princess Anne and Capt Phillips are staying in Yorkshire this week for the Bramham Horse trials, which are held at the home of Colonel Francis Lane Fox, a relation by marriage, of the YPs beloved chairman, Sir Kenneth Parkinson. It's about time the princess got herself pregnant. The Queen should be a young granny. But before then I hope to see Capt Phillips ennobled with a dukedom or marquisate. -==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Poor Diana Dors has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Aged 52, she has suffered from cancer. We laz...