20091006

Thursday September 5, 1974

Ring John & Sheila in Windsor and they are very enthusiastic about Denny and I going down on September 14. That's our autumn holiday settled anyway, and I can hardly wait to go. Uncle John says that Uncle Harry is also going down on Sept 13, so it should be a very nice cosy, family affair. Ring Denny at 6.30 but Mrs Akroyd says she isn't in & I put down the phone and sit smiling to myself about the fantastic times I've had at the seat of the British Monarchy. Denny rings after 7 and is thrilled at my Windsor news.

Hear that Andy's grandmother died last night and he therefor may not be going to Grassington tomorrow, which is quite understandable.

See the TV till after the 9 o'clock news. An attempt was made last night to remove the Stone of Scone from beneath the Coronation Chair in Westminster Abbey. Had to laugh about it, because when I saw Dad tonight and told him of this he said: "Oh, not again." As though it's something that happens every six months. Mum had exactly the same reaction. The last time we had such an occurrence was on Christmas Day, 1950, when the stone was taken by Scottish Nationalists out of England and deposite in Arbroath Abbey. Mum and Dad have good memories or they have become very ancient.

Ring Chris and Dave L. Dave is at one of his (tropical) fish meetings tonight and Mrs L says he'll ring me later.

-==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday April 20, 1984

 Good Friday Moorhouse Inn, Leeds In days of old I complained , nay played hell, about the archaic licensing laws on this Holy day. Not now....