20091005

Tuesday August 27, 1974

Lynn wakes me at 10.30 saying Denny is on the phone. I stagger downstairs. Denny says she can get a weekend trip to London for two - completely free - this weekend. I say I think I'm working on Saturday but just to be certain I ring the YP. Carol informs me that I am on all day on Saturday which puts paid to to all possibility of a weekend in our glorious capital city. Denny isn't too bothered and says she'll ring me later this evening. Lynn departs to work at 10.45.

At lunch Dad says he is to take the job with the CID after all. I don't know when he takes up the appointment, but we are all very pleased he's taken it.

At 2 I go into Guiseley with my library book 'Queen Mary' which was due back last month. The library however is closed for Bank Holiday.

Go to Bradford where I see that the Barbra Streisand's film 'For Pete's Sake' is on at the Odeon and make my mind up to see it tonight. Call in to see poor Denny, who is mad about the London weekend, but she says she'll go to the cinema with me. Then go see Lynn, working busily at the British Home Stores - she says she'll also come to the flicks, but then changes her mind because of a pre-arranged date with Ronnie._____. Go to the Wimpey Bar with Denny for a greasy cup of tea- at 49p each. To the Odeon at 5.30 - both films are excellent, but 'For Pete's Sake' is great and Denny enjoyed it especially. Both get the 55 at about 10.30 - and Denny goes to Yeadon, where she intends getting a taxi. Home by 11. Hear from Lynn that Marita rang.

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Poor Diana Dors has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Aged 52, she has suffered from cancer. We laz...