20091211

Tuesday November 19, 1974

Birth of Charles I, 1600. Snows like Hell this lunchtime. My half day. Get a bus at 12.30 from the bus station and whilst rocketing through Horsforth the first snow of this winter begins to fall. Walk home up the lane looking like a snowman. Mum makes omlette and chips for lunch and I sit deliberating about my driving test tomorrow. Will it be cancelled because of the weather? No doubt Harry will resolve these fears when I see him at 7pm.

Not working until 5pm tomorrow. See 'Jennie Lady Randolph Churchill' at 9 after having a good lesson in the car - no drastic mishaps and he says it's a good improvement. Nothing much else on the TV and I certainly think that Lee Remick's portrayal of Lady Randolph, improves with watching. The first few programmes seemed cheap and untrue but now I can hardly wait for Tuesday evenings to come around. Look at the Highway Code when I come to bed, but am too tired to study it for long.

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Poor Diana Dors has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Aged 52, she has suffered from cancer. We laz...