20100319

Friday April 4, 1975

My last day as a youngster of the world. No more teens. Gone forever in the chimes of a ticking clock. The last minutes of my youth passed in the company of darling Christine and Lynn & Dave at Wikis. It was Lynn's first excursion to Guiseley's top place of entertainment.

After an hour in the Hare & Hounds Dave L suggested that we go, once again, to the Woodhouse Moor Fair. Christine, Dave, Helen, Christine Dibb and me go, then move on to Wikis - other than Dave that is. The fair was brilliant. I had five goes on the waltzer with Christine. She doesn't know that I'm crazy about her. I shall have to tell her before very long. I feel like shouting for joy at the thought of her, and just seeing her gives me a thrill like nothing else experienced by my person.

As I've already said Lynn and Dave came to Wikis with Christine and myself. We (C & I that is) danced for hours and I was choked at 1.30am when the DJ announced: 'A club member, Mig, is twenty today, and this record is dedicated to him'. It was 'How Long' by Ace. It's very rare that I am lost for words, but I just didn't know what to say. I love Christine but she doesn't know it. This will have to be remedied. Her reaction is immaterial - just as long as I can get it off my chest. Home in Helen's car at 2am. Christine and I chatted until 4.30. She slept on the settee.

--==--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thursday April 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 My 29th birthday. Up at 7 feeling awful. Sitting in bed Ally gave me a pink and blue tie and a card with a frog on ...