20100319

Tuesday April 8, 1975

Up at 7.30. Jim gives me my usual lift and when Kathleen comes in I receive permission to toddle off for a half day. I had one owing, so it's all quite legal. Go into town with Sarah and by 'If', the record which takes the Micky out of Telly Savalas's single.

The snow belts down like hell all the way home and I fly up the lane clad only in my little green jacket. I don't see why I should revert to the wearing of winter garments just because the weather doesn't know whether it's coming or going.

Lunch with Mummy, Daddy and Susan (she's still on Easter holiday!).

Write to Christine. Don't ask me what I put. I become possessed and all thoughts are afterwards blanked from my memory. Love is a wonderful thing - especially in Spring time even if it is deep in snow.

You know when I told Christine how I felt about her she replied: 'How can you? You've never even been out with me.' But that's how I am. Worshipping from afar is what I do all the time.

See TV all evening. Part II of 'Edward VII'. Excellent, and the characters are just as I expected. Bed at about 11.30.

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday April 1, 1984

 4th Sunday in Lent Mothering Sunday New Moon Sunny, bright, &c. Smothering Sunday. All Fool's Day. Busy. Rob came and so too did th...