20100407

Friday June 13, 1975


A change in thw weather which can only be expected when I take a day off work. Up at 9am and have a coffee and play the stereo at full volume for about an hour. No one else in the house to complain so I might as well make the most of it.

I meet Christine outside the Hare and Hounds at 11.30 and after consuming one drink in that saintly shrine, we move on to Otley where the pubs are open all day because of the market (as I've already explained see 10/6/75). In Otley until 4. I'm on special strength lager and after four hours of the stuff I quite naturally feel sloshed. Christine is drinking vodka and lime, then port, &c, so she doesn't get quite as pissed as the author (i.e. the author of this journal). She helps me to a bus and we head for home - Christine brandishing half a pound of minced beef. Why? I do not know. I'm almost sick on the bus, but that more than liberal dash of self-control prevents me from doing so. At home Mum cooks us a beautiful meal and keeps giving me strange 'have you been drinking?' type of looks. After tea, 6 o'clockish, we go to CB's where her Dad has just got back from hospital. She puts on my favourite dress (not MY favourite, you understand. I mean the dress of HERS which I think suits her the most). To the Hare and Hounds, the Black Bull (again) and Wikis. All nicely intoxicated but hating the idea of getting up at 5 o'clock to go to London. Bed at 3am with the prospect of two hours sleep ahead of me.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday May 6, 1984

 2nd Sunday after Easter Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 Dismal. The little warm spell has passed by.That's summer over and done with. Down to t...