20100408

Saturday June 21, 1975


Another scorching day. Absolutely beautiful and I honestly think that 1975 may be a decent summer after all.

Dave B comes over at 12 and he, Lynn and myself go down to Guiseley for fish and chips and then over the road to the Station Hotel where we cool off under a large umberella, and drink nice, cool lager.

At 2pm we make our way to Fieldhead School, where the so-called Summer Fair is under way. John comes down with 'George' and her Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Prince. A smashing little dog he is, and he's quite taken with John. 'George' assures me that the dog is quite sane really and he only likes John because he's confusing him with her older brother, Jack.

The crowd goes once again to the Fox and Hounds, and then we decide to go to the Cow & Calf for a change, so we move to the Lister's Arms first for a quick one. Have a hysterical time with the two Christines - so funny together.

At the Cow: Get drunk on cider and end up pouring a pint over Christine D - she then throws her drink over me - we're in a right state. No hard feelings are felt though and we dry out very quickly. I'm quite successful in chatting up the lady who looks after the coats, and she is put through the agony of wearing my braces, which I tighten up incredibly far. Everyone finds it hilarious that I'm closeted with her after 2am. John was quite worried & wondering where I'd gone.

-=-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday April 1, 1984

 4th Sunday in Lent Mothering Sunday New Moon Sunny, bright, &c. Smothering Sunday. All Fool's Day. Busy. Rob came and so too did th...