20100824

Saturday January 10, 1976

Lynn and I went into Guiseley at 3 o'clock or something like that because we were both sick and tired of waiting about for our so-called 'partners' to contact us. (Please remember that Miss Phillips is NOT on the phone).

David B comes looking for us in Guiseley and we come back for about 4 o'clock.

Carole storms in at about 4.30 and just sits herself down without uttering one word. Mum and Dad go out for a meal, and Lynn and David remain with the two of us. Even when we go down to the Hare and Hounds she says nothing, and it is embarrassing to say the least. We move on to a place in Bingley and she disappears after I bought a drink. Lynn and Dave say she's in the car and I go outside and tackle her. I tell her it's pointless our carrying on and finish with her. She begins to cry and tells me that David Baker told her last night that I didn't love her. I do not love her, but fail to see what that's got to do with DB!

We go on to Oakwood Hall where I tell her to stop being stupid and that I am still going out with her. (Don't ask me why I changed my mind because I couldn't possibly say why. Possibly the tears did it.) David B was horribly embarrassed by it all because he was the only other chap in the car.

We came back to our place at 2.30 and David must have been relieved to deposit us at Pine Tops. Carole and I come in, and Mum and Dad follow shortly afterwards. We talked for what seemed like hours (Mum & Dad went to bed at 3.30) and Carole and I talked until 5.30am. I was pissed and rolled around on the lounge carpet.

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday May 2, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds 11 Mum. To try and keep a journal, run and pub and a baby is asking the impossible. Gone is that old wit and sparkle b...