20110728

Thursday August 12, 1976


Another scorching, hot day. Lynne stays late at work and doesn't arrive at Pine Tops for tea until just after 7. We have fish and chips - just the two of us - in the dining room, and at about 7.45 we leave for Auntie Mabel's. Mum and Dad go too - but in the Toyota.

Good old Auntie Mabel is bearing up well and is lovely and cheerful. I am very fond of her. She likes Lynne I think, but is taken aback to see me with another girl. The last time I came to see her I was with Carole of course. She must be so lonely without Uncle Jack. Lynne is a bit worried when it's after ten o'clock because she's promised Auntie Lilian that she'll be on time, and it is Lynne's first night in lodgings. We bid farewell to Auntie at about 10.45 after having nice sandwiches and pickled onions. I travelled with Lynne as far as Headingley. Dad and Mum came too to show her the directions to Roundhay. I leave her at some traffic lights and return home in Dad's car. A pleasant night out. Lynne enjoyed it too. Very hot though.

Home and in bed for 12.30. Should I read Eva & Adolf?

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Poor Diana Dors has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Aged 52, she has suffered from cancer. We laz...