20110818

Friday September 17, 1976


With Lynne to the Hare & Hounds at 9 o'clock. Only CB and Martyn join us. We have a good laugh. I don't know what Lynne thinks of CB. It didn't help at Peter's party when CB and Roger broke all moral codes and spent several hours in one of the Mather's bedroom suites. Lynne gave me a postcard today with the words: 'If Only the People I like All Liked Each Other' inscribed on the front. How apt.

Just Lynne and I back to Pine Tops where we watch the end of a Vincent Price film after which I frighten Lynne into a state of terror with my impersonation of a ghoul. I also had a skirmish with the boyfriend of Susan Walters. Nothing worth a mention here though.

Lynne returns to Thornton le Dale and I have no idea when I shall see her again. She may be travelling from T le D to Burley in Wharfedale every day next week and she's staying here on Friday and Saturday. Of course, it's Eileen's party at Dewsbury on Saturday [John's 20th birthday].

-==-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday April 28, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Warmer. Summer madness in fact. From opening the doors at 11 we could sense the tension and almost hear it crackling a...