20120803

Friday June 10, 1977

Carole phoned me at the office and apologised for her abominable behaviour last night. I accepted her apology and she kept repeating her apologies over and over again. She put it down to the atmosphere at Oakwood (Hall) and suggests going to the cinema to see 'A Star is Born' next Thursday.

She says she's sending something in the post. No doubt another apology. I feel sure she went out last night with every intention of causing trouble and anarchy - she's just like her revolting mother.

Phoned Tony this evening and he analysed the situation for me. Carole only behaves in such an antagonistic way, he says, because deep down inside she wants to behave in exactly the opposite way. Er, right. Rubbish if you ask me. The girl is just mucking me about. However, it is impossible to tell Tony that.

Within minutes he rings back to say Naomi and Carole want to know if we fancy an evening at Il Trovatore. I agree.  He laughs and says "what did I tell you?" Just what did he tell me? To the Bod with Tony & Martyn. Tony is quiet and reflective. From here we went with Michelle and Co to the Hare & Hounds at Heaton. Then on to the mortuary-like Il Trovatore. Linda is in with Denny and Naomi and Carole don't arrive until after12. She arrives with a new hair-style and looks stunning. I dragged her off to the balcony until 2. She won't let me kiss her and is extremely cool. She was still very apologetic about the Oakwood Hall incident but I still feel as though I'm playing the mouse to her cat.

Naomi brought us home. I prayed for our safety en route. When Naomi's had a few she's the maddest driver on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday May 5, 1984

 Moorhouse Inn, Leeds Poor Diana Dors has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. Aged 52, she has suffered from cancer. We laz...